- Round 2 is taken in a single central location. In 2010 our hosts will be the School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics at the University of Sheffield, using the University’s new conference facilities.
- It will be held over the weekend of 19th to 21st March.
- Round 2 is just for the individuals selected through round 1.
- Round 2 is residential and will span at least two days. The tutors are likely to be three committee members: Graeme Trousdale, Vivienne Rogers and Neil Sheldon.
- It includes some tutoring and working in groups as well as the competition.
- It includes some combination (tba) of individual and team tests as the selected students must be able to work as part of the UK team.
- We expect round 2 to be free, and hope to have funds to help individuals with travel costs.
- Round 2 selects the national team of four to represent the UK in the International Linguistics Olympiad, as well as reserves and possible members of the next year’s team.