The UK Linguistics Olympiad (UKLO*)
UKLO is a competition, like the Mathematical Olympiad or the National Cipher Challenge, for students who are still at school (or equivalent college) – any age, any ability level; but unlike other competitions, our competitors have to solve linguistic data problems. Thanks to our generous academic supporters, it’s completely free to both competitors and schools. UKLO also enters at least one team each year in the International Linguistics Olympiad, and in recent years the UK teams have been very successful.
How to find your way round the UKLO website
- Use the Search window (at the righthand end of the tab bar).
- Select one of the tabs at the top of each page, according to who you are:
- By topic
- About UKLO
- How it works
- Arrangements for the current year
- How to prepare for the competition
- How to use UKLO-style material in teaching
- UKLO communications (including media and publicity)
- How to register
- Most popular pages