Round 2 2019
- Friday evening 22 March to early Sunday afternoon 24 March 2019
- Round 2 is entirely free both to competitors and to their schools; so there’s no charge for accommodation, meals or the event itself. This is because of the generosity of your host, the University of Birmingham’s Department of English Language and Linguistics. All you need to pay for is your travel, and even there we offer bursaries (see below).
- Please aim to arrive between 4.00 and 5.30 on Friday.
- Train: if arriving by train, you should try and arrive at the University Station (one stop from Birmingham New Street) by 5:30pm, where you will be met by a host from the University.
- Here are the travel details provided by our host, Professor Susan Hunston.
- We can offer travel bursaries to help with travel costs. Please write to Dick Hudson if you’d like to apply for one.
- Gary Wood and Hannah Leach are in charge of logistics for your travel, so if you need advice please contact them. They will circulate a message asking for your travel details so that they can make arrangements for welcoming you and, if need be, put you in touch with others making similar journeys.
- Competitors. The following (in alphabetical order) have been invited to the competition. Congratulations to all of them!
- Alex Walker The Perse School, Cambridge
- Alexander Robson The Judd School
- Andrew Lee University College School, London
- Benedict Randall Shaw Westminster School
- Daniel Turaev JCoSS
- Euan Ong Magdalen College School, Oxford
- Harrison Moore The Judd School
- Joseph Penny King Edward VI Grammar School, Essex
- Kilian Meissner The Perse School, Cambridge
- Robbie Bennett Thomas Hardye School
- Sam Corner Exeter Mathematics School
- Sarah Henderson Highgate School
- Sean White City of London School
- Simeon Hellston Bournemouth School
- Thomas Hillman St Albans School
- Tommaso Leonardi Reading School
- Yangge Xu United World Colleges Atlantic College