How we use your personal information
Personal information which is provided to UKLO may be used in a number of ways:
- for the purposes of running annual UKLO competitions.
- for statistical analysis of the results of annual UKLO competitions.
- to contact participants, teachers and volunteers about current and future UKLO activities.
- to ensure the safety of participants in residential events.
We use this information in the following ways:
- We keep records after completion of each annual competition:
- scores without competitor names to allow statistical comparison.
- competitor names without scores to allow autocompletion when teachers enter a name already entered in a previous year’s competition.
- We announce on our website the names and schools of:
- Round 1 winners who are invited to participate in Round 2.
- Round 2 winners who are invited to participate in the IOL.
- We keep the details supplied by teachers and markers from year to year:
- to allow them to participate in the competition.
- to allow us to broadcast messages to them.
We do not share any personal information with any people or organisations outside UKLO, except as required by the organisers and hosts of Round 2 and the International Olympiad.
For further information on how your information is held, how we keep your information safe, and your rights to access the information we hold about you, please contact the Chair of UKLO.