- Mon 31st January: final day for notifying us of your marker capacity.
- Feb 1-4: week for allocation of schools to markers. During this week your page on the portal will show the contact details and script numbers of your school(s).
- Feb 7-11: test week, so all Advanced scripts should have been scanned and uploaded (with lists of names) by the end of Friday 11th.
- Feb 12: The portal will allow you to download:
- the scripts for you to mark (provided they have been uploaded by your assigned teachers)
- complete problem data including the solutions and marking scheme, as well as the data and a commentary.
- Feb 12-21: Marking takes place.
- Monday 21st February: Deadline for uploading points to the portal.
- Monday 28 February: Advanced results announced
- If you have been sent paper scripts with a stamped addressed envelope, please keep them with you till this day in case we need to include them in our shortlist; but on this day you can return them to the school.
- 17 Feb: The portal issue should have now been resolved. If it is still not working properly, please let email@example.com know as a matter of urgency.
- 16 Feb: Due to some system-internal errors, all of your script allocation are temporarily being invisible. We are aiming to resolve the issue in due course, and will keep you all updated. We apologise for the inconveniences caused.
- 13 Feb: Several errors spotted, with especially serious ones for #7 and #10. For marking, please download the new file that is available from the Portal (which I believe should have now had all errors rectified). [Sorry – sent you a message before I knew about this alert]:
- The correct answer for Q7.2a should be köñö ngb, not könö ngb
- The max points for Q7 are now 30
- The maximum points available for Q7.2 should be 8, and
- The maximum points available for Q7.3 were changed to 15.
- The correct answer for Q8.1 should be a:kä, not ä:kä
- Q8.2d should have a + after ho’/
- Q8.2e should read as _+pehe’a+na:we+_ or _+pehe’a+na:+we
- The points at the top and next to the answers for Q10 did not align. Please follow the one at the top (not the ones next to the answers)! [Now fixed in the current downloadable file.]
Particular thanks to those who organised markathons:
- Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain (ULAB)
- Organiser: Hafren Vaughan
- Participants: Clara Braun, Jie Yu Nicole Chan, Sanjana Joshi, Chunxi Luo, Darwin McNeill, Suzy Park, Eloise Parr, Joana Pocopkaite
- University College London (UCL)
- Organiser: Kazune Sato
- Participants: Klaus Abels, Stefano Castiglione, Abigail Gomez, Elodie Hu, Luisa Hu, Simran Hussain, Hirohito Kanazawa, Haolin Li, Luvia Li, Xingpei Li, Woraprat Manowang, Marta Nagy, Qizhang ‘Sarah’ Shi, Sama Soliman, Yujia Sun, Kriszta Szendroi, Jiayi ‘Amelia’ Tang, Wenkai Tay, Zsofia Varga, Ke ‘Kimmy’ Wang, Vanessa Wu, Lyris Xu, Maggie Zhang, Jiangyue Zhu
- University of Aberdeen
- Organiser: Hafren Vaughan
- Participants: Naomi Black, Roma Dhasmana, Kirsty Gardiner, Emily Heggernes, Emma Johnson, Stephanie Mcwilliams, Jonathan Nielsen, Rebecca Smith, Eleni Spyridou
- Newcastle University