Here is a more detailed timetable for the 2012 competition.
- Dec 5 2011: Start of entry registration – online registration of the numbers of candidates to be entered at Advanced level.
- Fri Jan 20: End of general registration – the online registration form for information about you and your school.
- Fri Jan 27: End of entry registration for Advanced level entries. Your figures should be as precise as possible, but we recognise that they’re merely indicative. If you have an unanticipated last-minute increase (of more than 10%), please contact us immediately so that we can make arrangements for marking.
- Fri Feb 3: Test papers (all levels) circulated by email to schools; schools entering Advanced candidates will also be given the email and postal address of their marker, and vice versa, so that they can negotiate how and when papers will be transmitted. Each test paper will be accompanied by a blank but formatted spreadsheet for your use; we shall need a list of competitors (name, sex and age) for Advanced candidates, but we hope that you’ll also send us your completed mark-sheet for Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- Feb 6-10: Round 1 in schools; schools will run the tests.
- as soon as possible, and before midday Mon Feb 13: after making copies, schools dispatch Advanced papers (with SAE) . Please contact a Marking Officer (Kakia Chatsiou or Martin Edwardes) urgently in case of delays or other problems.
- Mon Feb 13 (evening): correct answers and detailed marking sheets for Foundation and Intermediate levels will be distributed by email to all schools, allowing teachers to mark their own scripts.
- Mon Feb 27: Results announced, including names of the 16 selected for round 2 and the thresholds for Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates; all papers returned to schools, blanks for Foundation and Intermediate attendance certificates distributed by email to schools.
- Fri Mar 16: Award certificates for Advanced level (Gold, Silver, Bronze) posted to schools.