Please check for updates every other day!
Table of Contents:Round 2
Dates and Times
- Mon Jan 30, 2023: end of period for notifying Advanced numbers.
- Thurs Feb 2: test material released on the portal for all levels (see below).
- Feb 6-10: test week for round 1
- Fri Feb 10 (end): deadline for scanning and uploading Advanced scripts.
- Sat Feb 11: solutions for non-Advanced problems released via the portal.
- Mon Feb 27: results announced for the Advanced competition.
- March 13: deadline for entering non-Advanced results in the portal. Soon after that we’ll fix the national thresholds to tell you that you can download your certificates.
- April 3 (tbc): All-clear for releasing publicly all the test material, for all levels including Advanced, and including solutions and marking schemes.
- Mon Jan 30, 2023: final day for notifying us of your marker capacity.
- Jan 31 – Feb 3: week for allocation of schools to markers. During this week your page on the portal will show the contact details and script numbers of your school(s).
- Feb 6-10: test week, so all Advanced scripts should have been scanned and uploaded (with lists of names) by the end of Friday 10th.
- Feb 11: The portal will allow you to download:
- the scripts for you to mark (provided they have been uploaded by your assigned teachers)
- complete problem data including the solutions and marking scheme, as well as the data and a commentary.
- Feb 11-20: Marking takes place.
- Monday 20th February: Deadline for uploading points to the portal.
- Monday 27 February: Advanced results announced
- If you have been sent paper scripts with a stamped addressed envelope, please keep them with you till this day in case we need to include them in our shortlist; but on this day you can return them to the school.
Errors/Corrections or General Comments
- Watch this space…
- Watch this space ….
Round 2 2023
- watch this space …
For comments and corrections arising during the test day. If you have an issue that isn’t yet mentioned on this noticeboard, please email Dick on Weds before 1.00 pm or Eva (who’s in the USA) after 1.00 pm.
This year, as last year, Round 2 will be held in schools, with the usual invigilation by a teacher, and it will be open to anyone who wins a Gold certificate in the Advanced competition at Round 1.
- Wednesday March 15 2023.
- The competition lasts for three and a half hours, so it needs an uninterrupted period of 210 minutes. To ensure security, we have designated 2.00 pm as the anchor time. Ideally, the competition time should include the anchor time, but if this is not possible, competitors should be supervised between the competition time and the anchor time.
As in previous years, the Round 2 competition will select the UK squad for the International Linguistics Olympiad. However, this year it will in fact select the best 12 competitors, of whom eight will be in the squad.
- The test is an invigilated individual test like the Round 1 Advanced competition.
- It will consist of five problems in PDF format which can be printed out, scanned and returned to the teacher, who will then pass it on to UKLO for marking.
Watch this space…